Mazda-speed.com
September 27, 2020, 09:03:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to: Remove the Center Console  (Read 10829 times)
AtlantaDave
Fifth Gear

« on: March 21, 2005, 12:56:00 AM »

Step 1:   Unscrew the shift knob

Step 2:  Remove the driver's and passenger's console retainer screws on either side of shift knob:

Step 3:  Remove the 2 screws under the arm rest:

Step 4:  Use a wide flat tool ( I used a painter's putty knife ) to CAREFULLY pry the window switch panel out:

Step 5:  Pull out the switch assembly and unplug the connector:

Step 6:  Remove the retainer screw:

Step 7:  Release the plastic retainer clip with a pair of needle nose pliers:

Step 8:  Carefully remove the console and place it on a protected surface:

Here is the center console area exposed and ready to be worked on:

04 Ti MSM #2530
* FM Downpipe * FM Intake * FM TB Inlet Pipe * GFB VTA BOV * Crazy Red Italian Air Horns * Enthuza/ANSA Dual Exhaust *  KG Works Chrome Wavy Dash
* Voodoo Magnum Shifter & Brake Handle * Redline Leather Shift & Brake Boots *  Buck Diamond Grille * TDR Air Splitter * ALUTEC Rear Strut Tower Bar
* APEXi Turbo Timer/Greddy Harness * Thompson Oil Filter Reloc Kit  * McCulloch 5300k HIDs * Isotta Vallelunga Steering Wheel * OEM Small Side Sills
* NA Bi-folding Visors * Frenzy Style Bar w/Windblocker * Oakley Tanlines

RODEO
TI MSM
Fifth Gear

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 04:00:53 AM »

AtlantaDave's writeup came in handy today. Thought I'd add a few thoughts on removing the power window switch:

In place of the putty knife, I used a thin smooth flat head from a pocket knife (my putty knife was too thick to get in the slot).

Apply gentle downward pressure, it'll slip in between the switch and counsel, it slides down about a 1/4".

Then tilt the flathead forward toward the gear shifter, and it'll pop up about a 1/4".

I needed to repeat the process on the side, I did it on the passenger side, this will result in a second poping up, this time it releases the whole unit.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 02:46:46 AM by RODEO » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: